Sunday, January 8, 2012

Knitting and Thinking about Life

My latest creation which I added to my Etsy shop.
Today I spent some time organizing my knitting room. I have to admit it was rather messy. I spend a lot of time in here and things tend to be left laying around for it is a no stress zone, until I decide that I have no room left on my desk for a cup of tea. I know then it is time to pick up my odds and ends of yarn and sort them for future use.
I call this a no stress zone because it is here that I find time for myself away from all life's responsabilities. I do alot of thinking in this little space, searching for solutions as to how I could find a way to live a more simple life, with time to do the things that I want to. This year I am focusing on writing my book and so I sit here knitting away writing the story in my head... it is so easy as the story unfolds like a movie in my mind.
Unfortunately I have to get it typed up and that takes much longer. I need weeks of peace and quiet to transfer my thoughts to paper. I need to find a way to have that time and that is what this blog is all about... .. having the financial means to write my book in 2012, while still paying the bills.
Words of wisdom for today....
Change is the law of life and those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future, John Fitzgerald Kennedy

No comments: