Friday, January 6, 2012

The Importance of a Life Vision


Just a short post today as I am really late writing this one. I just got home a little while ago after a busy day at work and then some shopping errands, supper with Pierre and a visit from my sister and a long Skype call with my daughter.
Today I thought a lot about the importance of having a vision for our lives. So many of us move though life just going from one thing to the other without knowing exactly what we should expect for ourselves. Just imagine if we knew exactly what we wanted and could see ourselves living that life. So many books have been written about visualizing ourselves in our dream life. We all read the SECRET and yes it did give us a certain hope that we could create a better life if we would only believe it could happen. Yet we also learned that it takes more than just wishful thinking to get to where we want to be.
We must have a real life vision.... a clearly defined destination and a roadmap that will allow us to weave our way though thick maze of a complicated jungle called life. The only way we are going to get through all the obstacles, hurts, disappointments, losses and failures, is to be able to clealy see our vision through it all and keep working towards it.
This is my focus for I have my life vision clearly defined at this point in my life. I will get that book written, I will not let myself leave this earth with my stories untold.
Words of wisdom for today and I cannot remember who wrote it...
Birds live their life in the air
Fish live their life in the water
Worms live their life in the earth
We humans live our life in the mind.... lets make sure that we keep that mind healthy and full of positive fertile possibilities.

No comments: