Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Day for a Snowman


Well here it is Wednesday morning and the weather has turned much colder.Yesterday when I looked out my window, I saw snow flurries falling. We have been lucky so far because the ground is still bare but with flurries in the air, I know that one morning soon I will wake up to snow. Yes that will be the morning that I will look for my mittens and winter boots. Then I will have to make my way out to the shed and find a shovel that is probably hidden behind bikes and all that summer stuff that was shoved away for the season. Then I will have to shovel a path out in the yard for my dog and two cats so that they can go outside to do their business.


Then there will be the car to brush off, so I will have to go back to the shed and find the ice scraper- snow brush as well, promising myself that next spring I will just leave it in the car. Then I will shovel the veranda's and make a couple of trips out to the wood shed to fill the wood box so that I can keep the house nice and warm. Maybe after all that is done, I will go and fill the bird feeders because they seem to be very active when it is snowing. Then I will try and find another excuse to stay outside and be late for work, because to tell the truth I love the first snow. I feel like it is an excuse to be outside doing something. The air feels cold and fresh and I can almost feel my cheeks turning red and I am filled with a wonderful energy which is almost childlike.


How can anyone resist making a snowball at a time like this and you know what snow balls lead to... yes SNOWMEN! Wouldn't it be a great way to forget your troubles for just a little while and enjoy one of the simple pleasures of life. I think that everyone should take advantage of the first snowfall where ever you may be and get out and play in the snow for a few minutes and build a little man of snow. I am sure that he will will bring a smile to your face and if you are lucky he will be waiting for you when you return to make to feel good all over again.

2 comments:

Uneekdolldesigns said...

I love making a snowman! Used to do it all the time when my kids were small...now they are bigger and I am not sure I can get four teens to help me make one! LOL Need some snow though....

Unknown said...

I love the snowman pictured here and the one in your Etsy store. I love your items. Aah, some day when I have money to splurge.