Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday and a new week begins at the Inn

Well another weeks begins! What will I accomplish this week? I will start of by writing my to do list of course, which will be long I am sure, but things have to get done! It looks like it is going to beautiful day as the sun is out, so I will have to find time to walk Rosie my little dog. It will do us both good.

Well I spent a good part of the day yesterday designing and making up a Christmas letter from Santa with a felt pin to go with it. It ended up being more work than I thought it would but I enjoyed making it. Last night I finally got it loaded into my Etsy shop and made up a few more pins while watching Desperate Housewives.

As I was writing the letter to go with the pin, I thought back to the many letters that my daughter received from Santa since the time she was a baby. I remember every year telling myself that I had to get the letter written before the rush but it never got done until after the family gathering of Christmas Eve when everyone else went to bed and I would stay up sometimes as late as 2:00 a.m. writing Santa's message to my little girl. It was so important that she get it on Christmas morning with her snow globe, a new one every year left by Santa. This year she is twenty years old and I will make sure that she gets her letter again. I hope that I will still be around when she is fifty so that she can get her letter to know that she is special and loved. I always told her to believe in the Magic of Christmas and that with kindness anything was possible.
Oh my the time is passing and I have to get ready for work. Take time today to be a kid, I know we all have it in us for it never really goes away. Laugh, run, sing out loud, draw something or go exploring for just a few minutes and see how good it feels.

Have a great day,

Mary!

No comments: