Friday, December 30, 2011

Time to Get Organised on December 30th

My Mother, who was my best friend and will continue to be my inspiration on this life changing experiment journey.........
Well the New Year is almost here and it is time for me to get organised. There are only two more days left in 2011 and I am feeling the rush to get myself organised. I cannot put it off any longer if I am going to succeed with my plans for 2012.
Yes, on a day like today many people are going to be thinking about making their New Year's resolutions, knowing inside that they will probably fail by January 15th because the reality of life stopped them, any exxcuse is a good one.
I have to do better than that, I have to succeed, although I am not exactly sure of how I am going to do this, only that I want to achieve results.
Now you may be asking me what it is I want... good question on your part but a difficult one for me to answer. I guess by this time next year, I want to be able to say that I am living my life on my own terms. I want to be living a much more simplified version of my life with out the heaviness of stress and using my time to do the things I want to do. Life goes by so fast that by midlife, we realise that time can run out. Mom use to say,"there is no guarantee of tomorow, so make the best of today" .
I do not know if it is possible, but I am certainly going to try. I see myself with a bigger space in which to work because right now I am living in a somewhat cluttered existance. It would not be so bad but I have so much stuff that I intend to use on this journey towards successfully completing my experiment. I will explain more about that on another day. I also see myself finally writing that book that I have spent my whole life waiting to write. I have two on the go right now, one based on a real woman and one a woman based on many of the women that influenced my life. Both books are pulling at me to work on them and give them a voice. Yet my day job with all its stress consumes all of my time.
Therefore this experiment is about finding time, it is about making choices, it is about overcoming obstacles that will stand in my way. One of the lessons that I have learned very well is that when you decide to make changes in your life, unexpected problems will appear... it is one of those natural laws of nature, much like the law of gravity.
One of the first things I have to do is learn how to use this blog and design it so that it will work for me and be inviting for you to come back to visit. Please have patience with me and I will work at it.
Okay now I am off to get some housework done and wake my daughter who leaves to go back to University today. I am feeling that sadness of missing her already and yet I know we cannot hold on to anything in life for it is constantly changing and we must go along and accept the changes with expectation and all of life's possibilities.

No comments: