Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Patience Life is a Journey

Princess Louise..
"Patience child, patience. Remember, life is a journey. If you got everything you wanted all at once there’d be no point to living. Enjoy the ride, and in the end you’ll see these ‘setbacks’ as giant leaps forward, only you couldn’t see the bigger picture in the moment. Remain calm, all is within reach; all you have to do is show up every day, stay true to your path and you will surely find the treasure you seek.”
- Jackson Kiddard

Consider for a minute, every movie that has ever touched your heart, every story that still moves you, or every hero/heroine that has inspired you. The art of storytelling is magic, it spins a tale that leaves you entertained, educated and sometimes forever changed.  As I work on my book proposal for Louise's story I am reminded that there is a time for eveything in life... a time to sow, a time to reap, a time to laugh, a time to cry, a time to face the hardtimes and worries and a time to let go and  trust that life will take you  towards better times.   It has taken me thirteen years to get to this time and now the real work must begin while balancing everything else in life.  This  time I will balance the scale  and I  will tip it in my favor, for I am wiser now and have finally realised that it was me controlling it the whole time.  And so I am off to tell my stories,  write my books, and create my dreams. Yes there is magic in storytelling for unlike real life, maybe I can write a happy ending.


Have a great day and spread some kindness.

Mary!





 

No comments: