Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me.

"We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light, which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true."

- Woodrow T. Wilson, was the 28th President of the United States.
 
 
Well today is my birthday. It  seems that birthdays  come around faster as I get older.  When  I look at this picture of  a very cute little baby ( well I think I was cute) and see the joy that I was feeling , it makes me smile. I  was one year old and maybe it was my birthday because pictures were only taken on special occasions.  Maybe this doll was a birthday gift and I was smiling because it was from my Mom.  My little feet  must have been kicking in delight and  the picture shows me with my arms ready to hug it. I can tell I was happy.
 
After all these years, I still have that desire to find happiness in the little things in life.  Being an adult  is more complicated and heavy but I believe  that inside of all of us is that  little bubble of joy waiting to express itself.  I think that all too often, we  forget about it as we get caught up in the seriousness of our lives.... but it is always there waiting for us after the storms  have passed.   
 
Today I would suggest that you all find a baby picture of yourself or one of you as a child and put it somewhere  so that you will be reminded of who you really are, before the need to grow up and get serious  pushed  your joyous little self aside.  You are still that little person and you can still grow up happy in simple ways, if you check back in with yourself once and a while.
 
 Have a great day and spread some kindness,
 
 Mary!
 

No comments: