Monday, May 3, 2010

Knit Picks Wool Slippers for Everyone


Well I am knitting another pair of wool slippers tonight. This is my 35th pair this year.  On New Years Day I decided that one of my resolutions for the New Year would be that I would knit 100 pair in 2010. So I have 65 pair to go to make it happen. Crazy , well maybe yes, as it is a lot of work and expense. Real wool yarn is expensive but I love the felted effect. I also love all the colours and mixing them together to  create all the wonderful mixes.

I buy a lot of my yarn from Knit Picks as they have a great  choice of colours and sell it at a good price. I also like to buy locally from a yarn shop in the next town as I want to support the lady that is trying to earn a living. And of course when I go to the city, well I just have to buy yarn there as well cause I do not get to go often and I might need it.




It is quiet the piece of work having to buy all this yarn and I will not even talk about the expense. Thank God I have a job or else I could never afford to do this. I certainly do not tell anyone about the amount I spend but when I want a certain colour, there it is waiting to be turned into one of these wooly warmies.

And I suppose you  are wondering what I will do with all of these slippers? Well I would  like to sell them to buy more yarn of course.. or maybe save for my retirement fund which I do not have....it is going to take a lot of slippers.So back to work and finish off these ones. I had an order for three pair this morning so I had better hurry and get them done. I can only work at night as my day job keeps me very busy. 




If you have stopped by, I just want you to know that anyone who places an order for 5 pair of adult slippers can choose a 6th pair priced at $21.00 for free. Just mention that you found this out on my Blog and I will be happy to put your order together for you. Remember I have to knit and sell 100 pair this year.. yikes.... but what fun it is to play with all these colours!

You can find them in my Etsy shop http://maggiesraggedyinn.etsy.com/






 Remember kindness matters so please pass it on.....

1 comment:

WilleWorks.com said...

These booties are so cute!