Monday, October 26, 2009

Little girls are made of Sugar and Spice







Tonight I am working on another little knitted doll. I don't have a pattern and that makes it even more fun. To tell you the truth, I hate patterns. It makes everything seem so complicated and it means that I have to watch every row and even sometimes every stitch that I am knitting.


Life is too short to be complicated. Also my day job provides me with enough stress , I do not need to add more to figure out how to knit three, purl two, yarn over, drop one stitch oh no , I wasn't suppose to drop a stitch and it goes from there.

So these little girls are knit instruction free and they even make me smile. I have baskets and baskets of yarn here in my office at home and it is fun to choose the colour her sweater should be and what hat will go with it. To tell you the truth, I think I have an addiction to yarn as I have it hidden everywhere. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever have the time to knit it all.
Oh well I plan on living until I am 95, so maybe. My great Aunt Mary just passed away last week and she was 98, so maybe I will follow her path. She was a seamstress and kept busy well up into her nineties. She was special and I always admired her.

So here are a few of my girls for you to look at. I find that they remind me of my daughter Erin when she was fourteen and had developed her teen age attitude.

2 comments:

Crafty's Cuppa Coffee said...

Your Dollys are adorable.

~Danae <(:0) aka 'Crafty'

none said...

Cute things! I'll keep you in mind for my little nieces and my sister in law LOVES Raggedy Ann dolls. I'm good up through Christmas - I'm so NOT a procrastinator but then there are birthdays coming up!