Friday, October 15, 2010

Roses in October

Yes I know it has been awhile since I have invited you back to the Inn. Life here is busy and I am trying to get things in order. My Mom used to say that time waits for no one and over this past year I have come face to face with that reality. Things have to change ... or should I say that I have to change so that I make  time for the little things in life that we all  seem to take for granted and never take the time to enjoy until we feel an emptiness and suddenly look around and see what we are missing,  It is a choice that we all make on a daily basis.. always thinking that there will be a lot of time to stop and smell the roses. Well it is October and the roses are dying for yet another year and I feel that I never took the time to watch their gentle beauty growing in my garden. What a shame... next year for sure!

 There is an old quote that I always liked that said " God gave us memories so that we could have roses in December" Take the time to add as much as you can to those roses starting today. Yes I know we all have a zillion things to do today and maybe tomorrow we will have time .... yes tomorrow  maybe we will have time to catch up on those smiles that require our precious time.. tomorrow.....

Today I will tell you a story about one of the little Barn Cats  ..


Well well well.. another little kitten was found last night at the old barn. Erma the cat was out prowling around, doing what cats do best at night when she heard a car door shut. She watched closely from beneath the steps and seen a woman dressed in a dark coat, walk up towards the barn and leave behind a small basket covered in a wool blanket. She seemed to be in a hurry and walked back to her car nervously. Erma watched and waited and heard a faint meoowing sound. Shaking her head she went towards the basket knowing all too well what was inside. She had seen many others drop off cats throughout the years who never looked back.

 Ah yes this is just a silly little story to introduce you to yet another on of my wool cats and you will have to come back again to see who is next to join  us in the big old barn out behind the Inn.

 Untill then spread some kindness.. it will make a difference.







No comments: